Taking a vacation can be as exciting as taking a week long cruise with the family (which we love to do!) or just a relaxing weekend at a cabin in the mountains. Whatever you choose, getting away with the family is so important.
So you have the vacation planned, now what? Here are five fun family vacation activities your kids (and you) will love:
- Take advantage of the local museums. You can often get discounted tickets in advance including City Pass plans.
- Pack a picnic. When taking a road trip, pack a special picnic lunch and stop and enjoy the time together. Have the kids help pick out the park on the map where you stop.
- Write journals. A travel journal is fun for all ages, even the little ones. Have the kids draw pictures and tell stories of their adventures on the trip.
- Everyone participates in the planning including getting out a map and highlighting the areas you are going to visit.
- Don’t forget the pool (and sunscreen!). When I was little the pool at the hotel was the best part of a the vacation no matter where we were traveling. Make time for family fun at the pool at your hotel.
There are so many great activities your kids will love when traveling. The most important one is simply spending time with you!
For more ideas from other parents visit http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-5-fun-family-vacation. While I love to travel I also wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here