I know I haven’t posted in over a week but last week I had a great excuse! I celebrated my birthday onboard the fabulous Freedom of the Seas! This is Royal Caribbean’s and the World’s second largest ship with all of the bells and whistles. During the week, just to name a few, I:
- Ice skated (there is an ice skating rink onboard!)
- Swam with sting rays in Grand Cayman
- Attended star-studded shows and productions
- Shopped in the various ports of call such as Ocho Rios and Cozumel
- Basked in the tropical sun (with plenty of sunscreen)
- Relaxed on our large stateroom balcony
- Played in the splash pool with my son
- And ate way too much delicious food
All these activities and more made for a perfect vacation for me and my family. My birthday was Saturday and what a way to spend it while sailing back to Port Canaveral. The day was capped off by the harmonious singing of the wait staff at dinner and the presentation of a slice of yummy key lime pie! I love a great celebration!
This will rank in my top 10 cruises over the years and reaffirmed once again why we love to cruise! Nothing like sunny skies, family and fun to make for a great vacation and birthday celebration!
Now if the laundry fairy could visit my home….
Have you taken a trip for your birthday? Share your stories!